Bhutan’ s tourism sector is highly regulated by the Tourism Council of Bhutan as the Tourism Policy of the Royal Government of Bhutan is based on a concept of “High Value & Low Impact”.Therefore Bhutan enjoys global reputation for authenticity, remoteness and a well - protected cultural heritage and natural environment.
Tourist tariff is set by Tourism Council of Bhutan, Royal Government of Bhutan and it is valid for all - inclusive packages.
MINIMUM DAILY PACKAGE
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
Please Note: These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.On the day of departure, the‘ local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.The list of hotels and lodges approved to provide accommodations all listed on TCB website.If your accommodation is not listed on this website then it is not licensed cater for international tourists.The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan.These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum daily package covers the following services:
- A minimum of 3 - star accommodation(4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport(excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65.This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
(a) Within 30 days of the start of the tour program: Free
(b) Within 21 days: 10 % of the rate
(c) Within 14 days: 15 % of the rate
(d) Within 7 days: 30 % of the rate
(e) Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50 % of the rate
(f) After arrival in Bhutan: 100 %
- There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks.The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
- It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Tourists travelling in a group of two(2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.These are as follows:
- Single individual– US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only– US$ 30 per person per night
Please Note: The 10 % agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deductible from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.