Except for visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all other visitors travelling to Bhutan need a visa.
Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a permit at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card (VIC)).
All other tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior the travel to Bhutan.Visas are processed through an online system by your licensed Bhutanese tour operator. Yeesel Expedition is an authorized tour operator licensed under the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
Procedures for your Bhutan Visa:
- You cannot apply for your own tourist visa personally. Application needs to be done by an authorized tour operator in Bhutan on your behalf.
- Book a Bhutan travel package with your licensed tour operator in Bhutan.
- Get detailed instruction on your payment for the travel package via email.
- Confirm and purchase your tickets with either Druk Air or Bhutan Airlines.
- Ensure that your passport has six months validity at the time of your entry.
- Send the photo-page of your passport to your tour operator who will then apply for your visa.
- The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account.
- Once received, the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
- Your visa will be an electronic document which your tour operator in Bhutan will send it to you.
- Print your visa document and at your point of entry you will be required to show your visa document, the visa will then be stamped into your passport.