Bhutan at a Glance
Day 1: Paro to Thimphu – Halt in Thimphu
- Arrival at Paro International Airport: You will be greeted by one of our guides as you exit the Airport and will drive you to Thimphu which is about an hour drive through the mystical mountains.
- Motithang Takin Preserve: Takin is the national animal of Bhutan. It is a very unique animal which is found only in the Eastern Himalayas. Local people believes that Takin was created after fusing a goat and a sheep after a magical stunt by a great Buddhist Saint.
- Buddha View Point: Buddha Dordenma statue sits at 169 feet tall and this bronze statue can be seen from just about anywhere in Thimphu. One of the largest statues in the world depicting a seated Buddha, it is the perfect place to enjoy stunning and beautiful panoramic views of the city.
- National Memorial Chorten: A national memorial monument built in honor of the late Third King of Bhutan, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk.
- Craft Bazaar: This is a place for you to see the different handicrafts and souvenirs of Bhutan.
Day 2: Thimphu to Punakha – Halt at Punakha
- Dochula Pass: Incredible 360 degrees view of the Himalayas can be seen from the Dochula Pass. It is also where the 108 Druk Wangyel Chortens are located.
- Punakha Dzong: This fortress of Punakha sits in between two rivers and was the ancient second capital of Bhutan. Punakha Dzong is a significant monument in the history of Bhutan.
Day 3: Punakha to Paro – Halt at Paro
- Paro Rinpung Dzong & National Museum: The fortress located on a hilltop oversees the Paro valley. Ta Dzong is also located just above the Rinpung Dzong and it is now the National Museum of Bhutan. Taktsang Monastery: Taktsang of the Tiger’s Nest is a world-famous monastery which is only accessible by foot. It is precariously built on a sharp cliff and it is about 2-3 hours hike from the base.
- Kyichu Lhakhang: This monastery is a beautiful monument located right in Paro valley which was built in the 7th century.
Day 4: Depart from Paro
- Fond Farewell: Our guide and ground staff will bid farewell to you and see you off from the Paro International Airport. We at Yeesel Expedition guarantees you take beautiful memories and pictures that will last a life time. For boundless enchantments and fascinations, we look forward to seeing you again in the land of the Thunder Dragon. Tashi Delek!
Minimum of 3 star rated accommodation
All meals (excluding alcoholic beverages)
All internal transportation (excluding domestic flights if any)
Professional English-Speaking guide and driver
All road permits and entry fees
Government fee, royalty and surcharges
All services and assistance before, during and after the trip