Day 1: Paro to Thimphu – Halt in Thimphu
- Motithang Takin Preserve: Takin is the national animal of Bhutan. It is a very unique animal which is found only in the Eastern Himalayas. Local people believes that Takin was created after fusing a goat and a sheep after a magical stunt by a great Buddhist Saint.
- Buddha View Point: Buddha Dordenma statue sits at 169 feet tall and this bronze statue can be seen from just about anywhere in Thimphu. One of the largest statues in the world depicting a seated Buddha, it is the perfect place to enjoy stunning and beautiful panoramic views of the city.
Day 2: Halt in Thimphu:
- National Memorial Chorten: A national memorial monument built in honor of the late Third King of Bhutan, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk.
- Thimphu Tashichho Dzong: the magnificent fortress of Thimphu which back in the days was used as the center for administrative and monastic functions.
- Jungshi Hangmade Paper Factory: you will witness the art of traditional paper making.
- Simtokha Dzong: this is the oldest fortress of Bhutan and it is believed to have been built to imprison a demon that was terrorizing the locality.
- Craft Bazaar: This is a place for you to see the different handicrafts and souvenirs of Bhutan.
Day 3: Thimphu to Punakha – Halt at Punakha
- Dochula Pass: Incredible 360 degrees view of the Himalayas can be seen from the Dochula Pass. It is also where the 108 Druk Wangyel Chortens are located.
- Punakha Dzong: This fortress of Punakha sits in between two rivers and was the ancient second capital of Bhutan. Punakha Dzong is a significant monument in the history of Bhutan.
- Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten: An exemplary monastery depicting the art and architecture of Bhutan took nine years to build.
Day 4&5: Punakha to Bumthang – Halt at Bumthang
- Maybar Tsho: Also known as the “Burning Lake”, it is a holy site where the great Saint Pema Lingpa extracted relics from beneath the Lake.
- Bumthang Valley: Breathtaking Bumthang valley is located in central Bhutan and is the heartland of Buddhism.
- Kurje and Jambay Lhakang: Kurje Lhakang houses a rock that shows the great Buddhist Saint, Guru Rimpoche’s body imprint and Jambay Lhakhang dates back to 659 AD and is one of the oldest temple in the world.
- Jakar Dzong: Also known as the Castle of the White Bird, the fortress oversees the Chamkhar town.
Day 6&7: Bumthang to Gangtey – Halt at Gangtey
- Trongsa Dzong: The largest fortress located in central Bhutan is the Trongsa Dzong.
- Phobjikha Valley: The stunning vast valley of Gangtey is home to the endangered Black Necked Crane.
- Gangtey Goemba: This is a 17th century monatery and houses some of the ancient Tibetan architecture.
Day 8&9: Gangtey to Paro – Halt at Paro
- Paro Rinpung Dzong & National Museum: The fortress located on a hilltop oversees the Paro valley. Ta Dzong is also located just above the Rinpung Dzong and it is now the National Museum of Bhutan.
- Taktsang Monastery: Taktsang of the Tigress’s Nest is a world-famous monastery which is only accessible by foot. It is precariously built on a sharp cliff and it is about 2-3 hours hike from the base.
- Drugyal Dzong: Built in 1647, Drugyal Dzong is located in the northern part of Paro and holds historic significance as it was built to celebrate the victory of invading the Tibetan armies.
- Hot Stone Bath: This unique bath, the water being heated by hot stones and high altitude herbs beings added is known for its healing values and is just perfect right before you depart from the misty Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
Day 10: Depart from Paro
- Fond Farewell: Our guide and ground staff will bid farewell to you and see you off from the Paro International Airport. We at Yeesel Expedition guarantees you take beautiful memories and pictures that will last a life time. For boundless enchantments and fascinations, we look forward to seeing you again in the land of the Thunder Dragon. Tashi Delek!
Minimum of 3 star rated accommodation
All meals (excluding alcoholic beverages)
All internal transportation (excluding domestic flights if any)
Professional English-Speaking guide and driver
All road permits and entry fees
Government fee, royalty and surcharges
All services and assistance before, during and after the trip